Sharks Swim Team 2020
The Sharks Swim Team is for children ages 6-18. We have an excellent group of coaches who are excited about improving your child’s skills to the next level.
**IMPORTANT UPDATE PLEASE READ**
Swimmer must be able to swim 25 meters (full length of the pool) front crawl/free style and backstroke, without stopping. If the swimmer knows how to swim breast stroke, butterfly, perform dives and turns off the wall, the coaches would like to see those skills as well. None of these skills have to be perfect, but the swimmer must show forward motion. If the swimmer does not know how to dive, swim breast stroke, butterfly, or do a flip turn at the wall, they can still make the team. The coaches will ultimately determine if the swimmer can join the team. New swimmer try-outs are free of charge and done by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please email, Coach Megan, at firstname.lastname@example.org try-out will take approximately 20 minutes.
Two Week Trial (Optional)
After your child passes the try-out, your child has the option to find out what swim practice is like before committing to the team for the season. Your child will practice with the team during their regular practice time. There is a small fee for this option. After the two week trial period ends, you can either choose to not continue, or you can sign your child up for the entirety of the season.
Swimming Groups – Unique this Year due to COVID
Group 1 – HS/Non-USA (Service Desk Code 20FAL, AQ-SRKS-G1)
Group 2 (Service Desk Code 20FAL, AQ-SRKS-G2)
Group 3 (Service Desk Code 20FAL, AQ-SRKS-G3)
Group 4 (Service Desk Code 20FAL, AQ-SRKS-G4)
Group 5 (Service Desk Code 20FAL, AQ-SRKS-G5)
USA Swimming Groups – Unique this Year due to COVID
Group 1 USA (Service Desk Code 20FAL, AQ-SRKS-G1U)
Group 2 USA (Service Desk Code 20FAL, AQ-SRKS-G2U)
Group 3 USA (Service Desk Code 20FAL, AQ-SRKS-G3U)
This is for swimmers who love competition at the pre-Olympic level. Swimmers must be recommended by their coach to be part of this group or have already been in this group before the fall. These swimmers will still practice during their scheduled level, but will have additional weeks of practice before the regular team starts and additional practice time after the regular team has stopped practicing. This group will also attend USA meets and league meets. There is an extra $75 USA membership fee (that does not go to the YWCA) but is to be paid directly to USA Swimming. Coaches will provide more information on this.
Practice Policies During COVID
- Swimmers must come prepared to swim (in suits) Locker rooms will not be accessible at the beginning of practice.
- Mask must be worn into YWCA and until we are ready to swim.
- Swimmers will receive their temperature check at the Service Desk.
- You will then enter via the Family locker room, directly past the gate.
- Proceed to the bleachers where you will sit spaced out and get ready to enter the water.
- At the conclusion of practice, swimmers will be released by lane. Please put on your mask after leaving the water.
- We’ll start with the younger groups first. Swimmers will enter the locker room, rinse off, and change. We are expecting swimmers to remain in the locker rooms for no longer than 5 minutes.
- At which time, the next group will be sent in to do the same. We will stress this with the swimmers, and hope you will do the same. We are asking all swimmers to “shower” at home.
- Leave the locker rooms via the locker room hallway, and proceed out of the building.
**Follow us on Facebook** https://www.facebook.com/GETYSHARKS/
**Join our Private Sharks Facebook Group** https://www.facebook.com/groups/471937379484640/ or search for Sharks Swim Team (Group)