American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Course
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor course will train and certify participants to be a national Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED Instructor for the Professional Rescuer. We teach a blended learning course format with online education, classroom and in-water components. This is a 24 hour course that includes 4 practice teaching sessions, in which the students each teach a portion of the lifeguard course.
Register online: https://payments.ywcagettysburg.org/
You must pass the pre-course skills to get into the course.
This can be done by appointment.
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Have a current basic-level certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Successfully complete the online introduction to the course.
- Obtain all instructor and participant manuals and DVD.
- Pass all pre-course skills test: do all in water rescues and extrications, and demonstrate CPR/AED skills.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a pre-course skills test appointment, please contact the Instructor Trainer, Cora Rhoads via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717-334-9171 ext. 129)
Class Dates & Times
Dates for the Fall of 2019 to come!