American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
This is a blended learning course. Participants must try out to enter the course. Once they pass the try-out, then they can do the 7 hours of course work online and 20 hours of practical skills on land and in the water. This course provides certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer for 2 years.
Register online by Clicking Here
Everyone must try out to determine whether or not they can take the class.
The try-out consists of:
- A nonstop 300-meter swim (front crawl / freestyle / or breast stroke)
- Tread water without your hands for 2 minutes
- Dive for a 10 pound brick, swim 15 meters on your back with it, and get out of the pool in under 1 minute and 40 seconds
If you pass the try-out, then you can enter the Lifeguard course.
Please contact Mark Mellon at 717-334-9171 ext. 129 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Upcoming Courses & Try Out Dates
Currently, we have no class dates set yet for 2020, please check back soon. In the meantime, provided below are some upcoming courses in the surrounding area:
- Jan 10th – Jan 12th, Mechanicsburg, PA. Click here for the course link.
- Jan 17th – Jan 19th, York, PA. Click here for the course link.
- Feb 15th – Feb 17th, Frederick, MD. Click for here for the course link.
Steps to Successfully Passing the Course
- Read the lifeguard manual.
- Finish all online course work.
- Attend all class days.
- Pass the written exams and rescue scenarios on the last day of class.