Dear Friend of the YWCA,
Our doors have been closed for about eight weeks as the entire nation works to mitigate the dangerous coronavirus.
Your YWCA staff and board of directors have worked hard to make adjustments, stay connected with you and improve the facilities for when we can safely return.
- Our dedicated childcare teachers have hosted virtual story times and YWCA Spirit Week to stay connected with the young one they serve.
- Our indoor aquatics center has received major upgrades and we are working hard to prepare to open our outdoor pool when it is deemed safe to do so.
- Our maintenance director, Bud Glass, has been improving and maintaining our large facilities. Protective screens have been installed at our front desk to ensure your safety when we reopen.
- Emily Gerlach, a member of our board of directors, wrote a column that appeared in the Gettysburg Times and our website informing people how they can access domestic violence services during these stressful times.
- Several of our fitness instructors have taken their fitness classes online so you can do yoga or dance your heart out in a Zumba class while virtually connecting with friends from the YWCA.
- Instructor Julie Falk hosted a virtual Mindfulness Workshop to help attendees learn how to manage stress.
- We hosted the annual Stand Against Racism online to promote racial equality in all aspects of human affairs.
- We have used our Facebook page to connect members and friends with valuable resources within our community.
The YWCA is proud to have been able to serve you during this shutdown. We will continue to do so but need your support.
We have not been able to do our traditional spring friends mailing.
Today weâ€™re standing with our YWCA sisters across the country to ask for your support thisÂ #GivingTuesdayNow.
No amount is too small to make an impact. You can help your YWCA by making a donation at www.ywcagettysburg.org/donate-now/
Thank you for your consideration. We will continue to serve you throughout this pandemic and look forward to the day we can again gather at 909 Fairfield Road, Adams Commerce Center or our childcare classrooms at Fairfield Elementary School.
Your YWCA management team and board of directors