Honoring women who make a difference
The 20th Annual Callies Awards – A Celebration of Exceptional Women – would have been an extra-special celebration. Originally set for March 26, 2020, in the Gettysburg Hotel Ballroom, it was then postponed to October 1, 2020.
After much deliberation, the Callie Committee finally decided to cancel the 2020 in-person Callie Awards. Several factors went into the Committee’s decision. First and foremost was the public health and safety of our award recipients, their family and friends, and those who would have worked to put on this event.
The Callies Committee would like to celebrate the accomplishments of:
- Jenny Dumont (Advocacy)
- Lisa Angstadt (Health & Wellness)
- Susan Naugle (Public Service)
- Janet Powers (Legacy of a Lifetime)
- Jordyn Hartsock (Young Woman)
While refunds for the scheduled event are available, it is hoped that attendees will recognize the honorees by allowing the committee to apply the funds to future scholarships for the Young Exceptional Woman. Any funds not claimed after October 15, 2020, will be applied to the scholarship fund for the Young Exceptional Woman. Please contact Nancy at email@example.com with requests and questions.
The Callies Committee would also like to thank the following sponsors:
Scholarship Sponsors: Carole Aldinger, Vickie Corbett, Pat Crowner, Janet Dewar, Deb Geesey, Kathy Glahn, Megan Gochenauer, Robert Gough, Kay Hollabaugh, Gail Hull, Jean LeGros, Sharon Magraw, Donna Mountfort, Linnette Murray, Kathy Nelson, Carolyn Nunamaker, Linda O’Connor, Josie Pelc, Faith Peterson, Janet Scott, Christina Simpson, Lois Starkey, Chucki Strevig, Lynda Taylor, Bob & Marilyn Teeter, Constance Woodruff
- Invitations: Sponsored in memory of Margaret Trew Cline by Sharon Magraw
- Table sponsors: Gettysburg Rising (Jenny Dumont), Gettysburg Beer Runners and Linda Kranias 5 K (Lisa Angstadt), Gettysburg Borough Council (Susan Naugle ), Interfaith Center for Peace & Justice (Janet Powers) , YWCA Steam Savvy (Jordyn Hartsock )
- Callie Award Vases: Scott & Co. Fine Jewelers Scott and Karen Coyle
- Welcome Reception: Wellspan Gettysburg Hospital
- Desserts: Given in memory of Jane Gough by Robert Gough
- Flowers: Adams Electric Cooperative Inc.
It is the hope of the committee to sponsor a 2021 Callies Award event in the fall of 2021. There is nothing quite like having the room filled up with those who have come to honor and applaud a group of truly remarkable ladies who have contributed so much to our community. Nomination forms will be available in the early spring of 2021 if all goes as planned.
Pictured below, YWCA Excecutive Director Dotty Dalphon and Callie Awards Committee members Jean LeGros and Judy Redding deliver special award vases to honorees Susan Naugle, Lisa Angstadt, Jenny Dumont, and Jan Powers.