Honoring women who make a difference
The YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County invites the public to nominate exceptional women for the annual Callie Awards. This event is designed to acknowledge and honor the achievements of local women in various fields of service throughout Adams County.
2020 Winners: Advocacy- Jenny Dumont, Health & Wellness- Lisa Angstadt, Public Service- Susan Naugle, Legacy of a Lifetime- Janet Powers, and Young Woman- Jordyn Hartsock.
Award categories include: business/agriculture; education; advocacy; racial justice; health/wellness/human services; community service; and young woman.
Special consideration will be given to other areas of public service. A total of five awards will be given in 2020, including one that will recognize a young woman in the community.
Nominees must meet the following qualifications:
- Reside in Adams County for a minimum of five years
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in her field
- Demonstrate a significant level of commitment to and leadership in professional or community service
- Demonstrate a commitment to serving Adams County and improving the quality of life for others
- For the Young Woman category, nominee must be a current resident of Adams County for more than five years or a student at HACC-Gettysburg, Gettysburg College or the Lutheran Theological Seminary.
If you have nominated someone in the past, but they were not selected, resubmit the nomination form.
Nominations will be accepted until noon on Dec. 11. Nomination forms are available at the YWCA, 909 Fairfield Road, Gettysburg, and online at ywcagettysburg.org.
Questions can be directed to Nancy Lilley, at email@example.com or 717-334-9171, ext. 115. The Callie Awards ceremony will be held March 26, 2020, at the Gettysburg Hotel.