Today, Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf unexpectedly announced outdoor pools can operate in yellow and green counties.
Our management team is meeting on Tuesday to review the guidelines.
We hope to have an announcement on our 2020 Outdoor Pool Season by the middle of next week.
– YWCA Management Team
Health Benefits of Swimming
- Keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- Builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- Helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- Tones muscles and builds strength
- Provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming
- Being a relaxing and peaceful form of exercise
- Alleviating stress
- Improving coordination, balance and posture
- Improving flexibility
- Providing good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions
At the YWCA, we provide a variety of recreational and specialty aquatics programs for all ages and abilities, including parent-child lessons, pre-school and school age lessons, private lessons, water exercise, lap and recreation swim, swim team and CPR and Lifeguard classes. Our friendly and knowledgeable aquatics staff are committed to the highest level of excellence in all of our aquatics programs.