100 Mile Swim Challenge
November 2020 – May 2021
*Challenge Extended 1-Month to May, Due To 3-Week Shutdown Over Holidays*
6 Months to Swim 100 Miles!
- 15 years+ welcome to participate!
- All swim styles and techniques welcome! From the doggy paddle to any swim strokes. The technique is not important; just the distance!
- Simply keep track of the laps you swim during each workout and record the laps/or meters you swam on our white board located next to the women’s locker room.
- You may join in the challenge at any time during the 6-month period!
Those that complete the 100 Mile Swim Challenge will receive:
- T-Shirt; Indicating you completed the YWCA 100 Mile Swim Challenge
- A YWCA Face Mask or YWCA Water Bottle/Wine Tumbler
- Spotlight Recognition on our Website & Facebook Page
- Bragging rights that you are now part of the 100 Mile Swim Club!
How Many Laps Are In A Mile?
Length = One end of the pool to other is 25 meters.
Lap = Down and back is 50 meters.
1 Mile = 1,600 Meters = Approximately 64 Lengths or 32 Laps.
100 Miles = 160,000 Meters = Approximately 6,400 Lengths or 3,200 Laps.
Swimmers Who Have Completed the Challenge
- Susan Weaner
- Richard Crouse
Please feel free to reach out to our Aquatics Director, Mark Mellon, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 717-334-9171 ext. 129 with any questions you have about the challenge! Best of luck to all the swimmers participating!