What? Full marathon (26.2 miles) and Half-marathon (13.1 miles). Most of the course is on the Gettysburg National Military Park.
When? Both races begin at 7 a.m., Nov. 5, 2017
Where? Race begins and ends at Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center, 1195 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg
ABOUT THE YWCA
The YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County is a membership organization that has been meeting the needs of our entire community for over 90 years. The YW is the largest child care provider in Adams County. It works toward racial justice and the economic empowerment of women. The YW offers a fantastic fitness center with the only public indoor swimming pool.
ABOUT THE GETTYSBURG FOUNDATION
The Gettysburg Foundation’s mission, in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS), is to enhance the preservation and understanding of the heritage and lasting significance of Gettysburg and its national parks. The Foundation focuses its work primarily on the battle of Gettysburg and its context in the American Civil War, as well as President Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address. Assistance is also given to occasionally support the Eisenhower National Historic Site, President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s residence in the Gettysburg community.
When/where is packet pick-up? Saturday, Nov. 4 from noon to 5 p.m. at Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center, 1195 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg; 6 – 8 p.m. at Gettysburg Area Rec Park, 465 Long Lane, Gettysburg; and near the start line the day of the run. Runners may have their family and friends pick-up their packet with an Active.com receipt.
When does the course close? 1 p.m.
You convinced me, I am in! How do I register? Click this link to register for the full marathon, and follow the steps. Click this link to register for the half marathon. You must register online.
Why should I register now? Two reasons – this race will be popular and the field is limited to 1000 runners and we have an early bird special of $110 for the full marathon and $60 for the half marathon. After July 1, the prices increase to $75 for the half and $135 for the full.
What if I register and get hurt, sick, my child has a baby, I have a baby, my mom springs for a Caribbean vacation, or I just realize I was absolutely insane for signing up for this thing? If you need to cancel your registration, please email email@example.com no later than Oct. 1, 2017. After Oct. 1, 2017 you may transfer your registration to another person for a $10 fee until Oct. 15, 2017.
What is included with registration? Well, the ability to say you ran a full or half marathon on the Gettysburg National Military Park is pretty cool in and of itself, but we will also throw in a free long-sleeve hi-tech shirt (men’s and women’s cuts available) with our awesome logo (must register by Oct. 6), tickets to the Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center with access to the Cyclorama painting and “New Birth of Freedom” film and more SWAG. Finishers will receive a medal at the finish line (which is a great place for the finishers to be!)
Is there a pre-race pasta dinner? Yes! The pre-race pasta dinner will be held at Gettysburg Area Rec Park, 465 Long Lane, Gettysburg, on Nov. 4 from 5 – 8 p.m. It will be catered by Ragged Edge Coffee House. The cost is included with registration to the full marathon. Half-marathon participants and family and friends will have the option to purchase tickets.
I would love to have my business support this great event! Gettysburg Battlefield Marathon Sponsor Information
This sounds like a lot of fun, but running a full or half marathon is not in the cards for me. How do I join in the fun? We need LOTS of volunteers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch. All volunteers will receive a free t-shirt with our awesome logo, created by Boom Supercreative. Thanks!
What’s there to do in Gettysburg? Visiting Gettysburg can be a trip of a lifetime or an easy weekend getaway. Our rich history – which includes the Gettysburg Battlefield and so much more – will entice you to come, while our recreation and recent culinary resurgence will make you linger and return. Visit our friends at Destination Gettysburg for more information.
What has changed since the 2016 marathon? We have honestly read every single one of the emails we received from those who supported us in our inaugural year, and want to thank you for sending them. Feedback only makes us stronger. We will be considering every suggestion over the next few months, but we wanted to update you on decisions we already made.
- Gatorade – It will be at the stops on the back half of the course.
- Traffic control – We have already met with Gettysburg Borough Officials and explained better traffic control in town is necessary if they want to keep the route the same. They have a dream, as do we, of scores of fans lining the wide sidewalks of Steinwehr Avenue cheering on runners, handing out refreshments and supporting businesses. This will not happen if we do not feel that runners can safely navigate the road. We would like to see the meters bagged on this street, and possibly one lane closed to traffic. We will be sure to update you as those talks progress but the borough has been very open to hear our concerns.
- More volunteers – With more time to recruit volunteers and it being easier to get the word out, we believe we can have a team at every intersection and mile marker.
- Mile markers/Directional Signage – They were on the course but next year they will be bigger and better!
- Re-enactors – The re-enactors who were at the finish promised to recruit more and one of our runners who has connections offered as well so we will be having more on the course to give it a more Gettysburg feel.
- Medals – Our starting budget this year was $0. With more sponsors and reserve funds, we can improve the bling.
- T-shirts – Options for men’s and women’s cuts coming your way!
A lot of my questions have been answered, but I still have more. No problem! Contact Alex at email@example.com or 717-334-9171, ext. 116.
Our generous 2017 sponsors