Our semiannual (spring and fall) Children’s Nearly New sale provides area families the opportunity to buy and sell good-quality, gently used, seasonal children’s clothing (infant – size 14), shoes (bagged in pairs), baby equipment, furnishings, toys and MORE!
Like many YWCA fundraisers, the Nearly New Sale relies on volunteers. Those who volunteer for at least five hours prior to the sale are invited to shop a special volunteer-only pre-sale. To volunteer for our spring or fall sales, call Nancy Lilley at 717-334-9171, ext. 115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for important information about volunteer hours and unaccompanied children at the Nearly New Sale (adopted by the YWCA Board of Directors March 2014).
Nearly New Schedule
Consignments accepted: Oct. 14, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 15, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Donations accepted: Oct. 16, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Volunteer pre-sale: Oct. 18, 6 to 8 p.m.
Sale: Friday, Oct. 19, 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20, 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Nearly New Rules
Violation of these rules will result in a $10 penalty accessed against your consignment proceeds.
1. Only seasonal clothing may be consigned – off season items will be considered a donation to the YW. Seasonal clothing includes: Fall & Winter clothing in the fall sale; Spring & Summer clothing in the spring sale.
2. Only clothing for infants and children up to the age of 18 years old, will be accepted.
3. All clothing must be washed, folded and sorted by size.
4. Stained/torn clothing will not be accepted.
5. Items may not reference weapons, violence, alcohol or drugs.
6. Movies and related apparel must be Rated “G” or “PG”. Video games must be rated “E”.
7. No computer games can be accepted due to copyright issues.
8. Shoes must be tied together, bagged or boxed together or otherwise attached to one another.
9. No bras, nursing or otherwise, underwear or boxers will be accepted for consignment or donation, new or used.
10. Outfit sets must be safety-pinned together.
11. No car seats can be accepted.
12. Baby equipment cannot be more than 3 years old, and must meet current safety regulations. All belts, straps, etc must be attached in the proper place.
13. Toys must be in working condition and include all pieces. Pieces must be bagged and attached to the main item.
14. No stuffed animals will be accepted.
Nearly New Processes and Fees
1. Consignment fees are as follows – $5.00 for first 100 items, $10.00 for 101-250 items, $15.00 for 251-400 items, and $20.00 for 401-500 items. Cost for consignments over 500 items will be at the discretion of the committee.
2. The consignment income is split: 55% for consignor, 45% for the YWCA.
a. The YWCA portion of all sold items is considered a donation to the YWCA. You will receive a receipt with the amount of the donation along with your consignment check.
b. Items not sold will not be referenced as a donation.
c. Instead of consigning, you may make an outright donation of all of your goods to the YWCA. In this case, all items will be considered a donation. Please ask for a donation receipt when you drop off your donation.
3. Consignors may not tag their own items
4. Items, consigned or donated, may only be dropped off at posted drop-off times.
5. Consignors must accept the pricing established by the committee. These prices are based on our experiences at prior sales. If a consignor wants to set a price on a specific item, that must be discussed with a committee member at drop-off. Self-price items must be clearly more valuable than standard items of the same type (e.g. sleigh-bed style crib).
6. Items determined to be not sellable by committee members will be put in the rummage pile outside of the gymnasium. These items are given away for free. We will do our best to notify consignors if a large or expensive item is deemed not sellable, but there are no guarantees you will be notified. Once consigned/donated items have entered the gym, including plastic containers, they cannot leave the gym until everything has been tagged and placed on the tables for sale, or approved for the rummage pile as stained/torn.
7. Items not sold by the end of the day on Friday will be sold for ½ price on Saturday morning. Items not sold at the ½ price sale will be sold at a “bag sale” or given to other charities. Consignors receive no compensation or donation information for items sold at the bag sale or given to other charities. Consignors may claim unsold items between 5 and 6 p.m. on Friday to avoid losing half or all of the consignment income.
8. Consignors may not shop the pre-sale unless they volunteer for a minimum of 5 hours organizing for the sale. The pre-sale is for volunteers only.