The YWCA will be honoring five nominees at the 18th annual Callie Awards/Celebration of Exceptional Women on March 29, 2018 at the Gettysburg Hotel.
Seats are now available for $45/person by calling Nancy Lilley at 717-334-9171, ext. 115. Payment is due at time of reservation. Cocktails are served at 5 p.m. followed by dinner at 6 p.m.
The Callie Awards recognize the significant achievements, both known and unrecognized, of women in multiple fields of service, including but not limited to education, business/agriculture, health/wellness/human services, advocacy, racial justice, and community service. In addition, an exceptional young woman (high school junior-college senior) will be recognized.
The 2017 honorees are:
Advocacy – Laura Geesaman
Community Service – Sharon Magraw
Education – Wendy Bream Stoner
Racial Justice – Pat Crowner
Young Woman – Indira Rucic
From left to right: Sharon MaGraw, Pat Crowner, Laura Geesaman, Indira Rucic, and Wendy Bream Stoner.
- Reside in Adams County for a minimum of five years
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in her field
- Demonstrate a significant level of commitment to and leadership in professional or community service
- Demonstrate a commitment to serving Adams County and improving the quality of life for others
- For the Young Woman category, the nominee must be a must be a current resident of Adams County for at least five years OR be a student at HACC-Gettysburg, Gettysburg College or the Lutheran Theological Seminary.
If you know someone who is committed and passionate about what they do, we encourage you to nominate them. If you have nominated someone in the past, but they were not selected, please resubmit the nomination form. All nominations must be received by noon on Friday, December 9, 2016.
Download the nomination form below: